Our Profile - Applied Mechanics (AME)
Our research aims at three complementary goals:
Identification and determination of rheological parameters relevant for processing and application of complex fluids including development of appropriate experimental techniques.
Understanding the effect of mikroscopic structures, dynamics and interactions on the macroscopic flow behaviour and stability of complex fluids.
Developing formulations of suspensions and pastes with adjustable flow behavior for storage and processing.
Our core competence is the rheological characterization of a wide variety of materials, such as:
- suspensions and dispersions
- polymer and surfactant solutions
- emulsions and foams
- biomaterials and food products
- coatings, inks and adhesives
- cosmetic and pharmaceutical formulations
- ceramic suspensions and pastes