- Understanding the relationships between structure and physical properties of nanoparticles
- Developing strategies for functional optimization of nanoparticular systems based on structure-function relations.
The course does not require any particle technology fundamentals and is therefore suitable for students with different backgrounds. An active cooperation within and outside the lecture is expected. An exercise for this lecture is also offered.
- Introduction: Classification of nanoparticle technology in nanotechnology
- Surface energy of nanoscale systems as a key parameter
- Structure dependence of physical properties
- Synthesis of nanoparticles in the aerosol phase
- Functionalization of nanoparticles